As a co-founder of SparkLabs, I sometimes step back and take a look at our roster of mentors and amazed at the level of talent and accomplishments. It’s mind-boggling and makes me want to pull a Wayne’s World.
Our group of mentors is almost unparalleled globally. How many startup accelerators can say:
- They have 4 mentors who managed P & Ls of US$1 billion or greater.
- Built a $1 billion+ video game franchise? We have two mentors.
- Sold a company for over $1 billion or had an IPO of $1 billion or greater? 3 SparkLabs mentors.
- A founder (not some manager, executive or early hire) that sold their company for over $100 million? 9 SparkLabs mentors.
- Grew a company’s revenues to over $100 million? 6 SparkLab mentors.
I know I missed some mentors on these lists since I don’t know every mentor’s resume by heart or in detail. And the list of accomplishments can go on. I didn’t even touch venture capital raised, media recognition, awards, and other accomplishments. Jimmy, HanJoo and I are NOT WORTHY!